- Go to Start > Run > and type regedit.
- Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
- With the control folder selected, right-click in the pane on the right and select new DWORD Value.
- Name the new DWORD: ServicesPipeTimeout.
- Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
- Click Decimal, type '86400000 ', and then click OK.
- Restart the computer.
Also ensure that the below are checked if this does not work.
Acronis Managed Machine Service is not running on the machine. start the Acronis Managed Machine Service on machine and check if the service crash or not.
- If service doesn't crash on the machine then register the machine manually using the command line.
A. Open Command prompt and navigate to C:\Program Files\BackupClient:
B. Issue this command to register the client machine:
register_agent.exe -o register -t cloud -a https://cloud.acronis.com -u <account> -p <password>
2. If service crash then change the logon service for Acronis Managed Machine Service. Acronis Managed Machine Service user should be assigned these privileges:
- Included in the Backup Operators and Administrators groups. On a Domain Controller, the user must be included in the group Domain Admins.
- Granted the Full Control permission on the folder %PROGRAMDATA%\Acronis (in Windows XP and Server 2003, %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Acronis) and on its subfolders.
- Granted the Full Control permission on certain registry keys in the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ac
- Assigned these user rights:
- Log on as a service
- Adjust memory quotas for a process
- a process level token
- -Modify firmware environment values
Acronis software needs exclusive access to your machine's disk to operate. This means that antivirus software may conflict with Acronis products.
To eliminate the potential compatibility issues, you need to:
- Check the logs of your antivirus product to see what the Acronis processes and files/folders are conflicting;
- Add Acronis related files and folders to the exclusions of your antivirus product;
- Make sure Acronis related processes are allowed and trusted in your antivirus product.
The following paths needed to be added for exclusion:
> C:\Program Files\BackupClient
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis
> C:\Program Files\BackupClient\BackupAndRe